Friday, January 8, 2010

Illustrator CS3, how do i find out the PMS number if I have a color I like in my color swatch library?

Unless you are working with a Pantone鈩?swatch labrary, you are either dealing with CMYK or RGB colors. There isn't a perfect Pantone鈩?match for every color out there. Most professionals have watch is called a Color Bridge. It's a fan booklet Pantone鈩?sells that has every PMS color in it and what it roughly corresponds to in RGB and CMYK.Illustrator CS3, how do i find out the PMS number if I have a color I like in my color swatch library?
is the color a CMYK breakdown?


if it's a spot PMS color you just have to double click on it.Illustrator CS3, how do i find out the PMS number if I have a color I like in my color swatch library?
If you double click the swatch and then choose ';Spot'; as the type in the dialog box followed by selecting the ';Pantone'; color library of your choice from the pull down menu in the dialog box, the software will convert the color the the nearest PMS color.

No comments:

Post a Comment