Friday, January 8, 2010

In Adobe Illustrator, Why can I not create text outlines?

I am trying to create outlines on my text in Adobe Illustrator CS2. Ive done it before, but for some reason it will not work....its greyed out in the menu (meaning i can not even select it from the type menu)


Can someone please help me ASAP? its for a project im doing right now. Thank you!In Adobe Illustrator, Why can I not create text outlines?
there are a couple of reasons for this:





1. It's a protected font


2. The font is missing





There may be some other reason but these are the only ones that I can think of right now. You could always try the key command: with the text select, push the command(mac) ctrl(PC)+shift+o








good luckIn Adobe Illustrator, Why can I not create text outlines?
Control+Shift+O (the letter), turns all text to graphics, then you can add a stroke through the little color boxes at the bottom of the tool pallette.


In all Adobe software, an outline is referred to as a ';stroke.';


If you ';outline'; text, that means you're turning the text into editable vectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment